Host a Fundraiser
Anyone can host their own fundraiser for our Ronald McDonald House. Simply give us a call to let us know you are interested in raising funds for us and we will send you a form to complete, as well as any logos you may need to include on materials for the event.
Some ideas for events are: host a house party, bowl-a-thon, jewelry party, athletic event, bake sale, car wash, etc. The possibilities are endless!
We developed our Meals that Heal Program in hopes that we could give our families one less thing to worry about during their stay with us. Individuals, groups of friends, business associates, etc., come to use the House’s kitchen to prepare brunch/lunch/dinner for our families while they stay with us while their child is being treated in the hospital. Food must be prepared on site – this is a guideline enforced by Ronald McDonald House Charities, which oversees all Ronald McDonald Houses.
As a Meals that Heal Program volunteer, you will not only be helping our families but you will also have a great team building experience with you group of friends or business associates. If you don’t enjoy cooking, but would still like to provide dinner for our families, you can contact a restaurant of your choice and order dinner to be delivered to the House.
How the Meals that Heal Program Works:
- Groups can sign up for meals by clicking the following link and signing up through our Meal Train! http://www.mealtrain.com/?id=m2il3d7uh8tt
- Due to space – groups should be no more than 10 people.
- Youth volunteers (younger than 18) must be supervised by an adult.
- All food must be prepared in the House.
- Meals are served buffet style. Breakfast/Brunch/Brunch (10AM to 1:00 PM) or Dinner 6 PM.
Volunteer groups provide the following:
- Prepare to cook for 25-30 people.
- Purchase all ingredients needed for the meal. (Please bring your receipts on the day of the meal so we can properly record the value of your meal)
- Aluminum trays, paper towels and tupperware are not mandatory but always welcome ☺
Ronald McDonald House provides the following:
- Dinnerware, silverware, pots and pans. If you have a particular piece of cookware that you prefer to use, you may bring it with you.
- Coffee, tea, and soda.
- Gloves for food prep.
Things you should know:
- Please do not expect to interact with families as many of them spend the majority of their time at their child’s bedside.
- Please be respectful of our families: foul language and inappropiate behavior is not allowed.
- Weapons of any kind, alcohol, and illegal substances are not allowed on the grounds.
- Smoking is not permitted on our grounds.
- Shoes and appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
- Gloves must be worn at all times when handling and preparing food.
- We often take pictures of groups as they prepare meals for our families to post on our facebook page – if you or someone in your group would prefer to not be photographed, please let our staff know.
- When you come to the House you can park in the back driveway (where the dumpster is) off of emergency drive rather than in the children’s hospital parking lot.
Pull Tab Program
Think green and help the House! Our unique Pull Tab Collection Program does both. Volunteers collect the pull tabs from aluminum cans and bring them to a local recycling center where they are exchanged for money at the current market value per pound. (Approximately 1,267 tabs are in a pound depending on the size, shape, and metal content.
Collecting aluminum tabs is a fun and easy way to get involved with the House. You can make it a company, school, personal, or class project. If a school is large enough, it may want to challenge the students to collect 1,000,000 tabs. Environmental clubs can collect tabs as a part of their efforts to help the environment. Clubs that are committed to charity work can see how their efforts directly affect our families.
Tabs may be forwarded directly to the House. Tabs forwarded to the House should be bagged securely and then placed in a cardboard box.
Caring Hearts Legacy Society
Leave a legacy of love by making a gift to the Caring Hearts Legacy Society Endowment fund. You will help RMH-GHV carry on its history of making a difference for the children and families we serve.
Supporters can make a gift through bequest in their will or trust by using the following language:
"I, [name], of [city, state, zip], give, devise, and bequeath to Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley, federal tax ID #35-2181050, [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose."
Contact us at 914-493-6455 for more information.