Volunteers: The Heart of Our House
The role of our volunteers is not to be underestimated. The time they devote to making our house a home gives our families a sense of comfort when they need it the most. Our volunteers set the atmosphere of the house in many ways. All candidates who wish to volunteer should:
- Be personable, patient, and a good communicator.
- Be able to deal with the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Be resourceful and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Represent the house in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate respect for confidentiality.
- Attend new volunteer orientation and other training, when available.
All candidates will be provided with a volunteer handbook and manual, and will receive the volunteer newsletter containing updates.
Volunteer opportunities vary depending on skills and interests, such as:
Guest Services Volunteer
Guest Services Volunteers assist staff with providing a pleasant and comfortable stay for our houseguests. Some activities will include housekeeping, front desk coverage (check-in/check-out), working with meal program groups, clerical assistance and other tasks as needed.
We ask for a minimum of one 3 hour scheduled shift once a month. There are shifts every day, including weekends as follows:
9am-1pm / 1pm-5pm / 5pm-9pm
Special Events Volunteer
Special Events Volunteers assist with community outreach and fundraising events.Candidates for this position must have a flexible schedule. Shifts depend upon event.