Ronald McDonald House Launches Giving Tuesday Campaign
November 29, 2022— Giving Tuesday, November 29th, 2021, refers to the Tuesday after Thanksgiving observed across the nation and is a day that encourages people to do good after days of celebrating and online shopping. Giving Tuesday, also known as #GivingTuesday for hashtag purposes, was created in 2012 as a simple idea that has become a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people to transform their communities. Over the past nine years it has grown into a day that inspires millions of people to give, collaborate and celebrate generosity.
Locally right here in Westchester, you can join in the movement this Giving Tuesday by supporting Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley(RMHGHV). Ronald McDonald House, located just steps away from Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital in Valhalla, provides a home-away-from-home for families while their child receives critical medical care.
There are many ways to support RMHGHV this Giving Tuesday and throughout the year, including:
- Volunteering in the House or at events
- Cooking a meal for families through the Meals that Heal program
- Purchasing items from their Amazon Wishlist
- Join the Target Circle and vote for Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley
- Help with holiday gift wrapping
- Spread the word! Follow and share how you support RMHGHV on social media
- Sponsor a family and donate directly
“This year on Giving Tuesday there are so many ways you can help us as we continue to help our families when their child is sick,” said Christina Riley, Executive Director, RM HGHV. “This holiday season our goal is to make families feel at home, even when they can’t be. ” To learn more about ways to get involved for the Giving Season visit: www.rmhghv.org or https://www.facebook.com/rmhghv/