Purpose of Position:
Guide groups of volunteers through a day of service. Demonstrate and assist volunteers in cooking and
serving meals for the families of Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley (RMHGHV).
● Create a menu for Breakfast, Dessert and Dinner for at least 25 people
● Menu must be submitted for approval one week in advance
● Lead cooking demonstrations for volunteers
● Assist volunteers in serving the meal to RMHGHV families
● Provide any special items (ie; pasta press, kitchen torch, etc.)
● At least 6 Wednesdays annually
● 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. shift (dependent upon group signup times)
● Be 18 years old or older.
● Resourceful and able to work independently and in a team.
● Able to represent the House in a professional manner.
● Complete and pass a criminal background check.
● Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
● Formal culinary training or extensive on the job experience
● Complete a volunteer application
● Photo Release & Confidentiality agreement
● Attend a house tour & orientation.
● Will be provided with a volunteer handbook.
● Create a menu of 1-3 meals (you will receive notice for how many you should prepare)
● Prepare the food
● Instruct volunteers on how to prepare the meals
● Help volunteers to individually package and serve the meals
Please direct any questions to Ashlyn Hay, Events & Volunteer Coordinator at
email@example.com or 914-493-6455