Requesting a Room
Out of an abundance of caution, RMHGHV is accepting families on a limited basis.
Due to COVID-19, RMHGHV has new conditions to determine eligibility for families looking to stay at the house.
Additional coronavirus conditions:
- Families with symptoms, exposure, or recent diagnosis of coronavirus are not eligible until medically cleared
- Families told to self-quarantine or traveling from a high risk area are not eligible until medically cleared
In addition, for the safety of everyone, we have had to implement some requirements for families who will be accepted into the program. Please review these requirements before applying to determine if you and your family will be able to adhere to these new restrictions.
Requirements to stay:
- A maximum of (2) hospital designated caregivers per family of the patient may use the House. These caregivers may not change during the stay.
- Families that do not have alternative care for siblings of the patient may request to have the sibling reside with them at the House.
- This request may be granted on a case-by-case basis
- If granted persmission, siblings must remain at the House and not have obligations that will require them to be outside of the House (i.e. school)
- Caregivers are encouraged to limit travel outside of the House as much as possible. At least one caregiver must be residing at the House every day.
- No visitors are allowed in the House at any time.
- A daily Wellness Screening and Temperature Check are required of all guests.
- Social distancing and use of masks are required
Our House generally has a waiting list. Please understand it may take time before a room becomes available and rooms cannot be reserved ahead of time. Accommodations are offered based on the critical nature of the patient and the distance of the family’s home from the hospital.
Once your application is received, a staff member will contact you regarding your eligibility and to discuss next steps.
Please speak to your social worker in the hospital to request information about the House and additional resources that can help you.