Requesting a Room
Out of an abundance of caution, RMHGHV is accepting families on a limited basis.
Due to COVID-19, RMHGHV has new conditions to determine eligibility for families looking to stay at the house.
Additional coronavirus conditions:
- Families with symptoms, exposure, or recent diagnosis of coronavirus are not eligible until medically cleared
- Families told to self-quarantine or traveling from a high risk area are not eligible until medically cleared
In order to be considered for acceptance to any RMHGHV program, individuals must:
Show proof that they have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (full vaccination is defined by being two weeks past the second dose of either Moderna or Pfizer vaccines or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine) or agree to weekly testing (every 7 days) and provide proof of a negative result from a Molecular/PCR Covid test. If the individual’s age disqualifies them from receiving the Covid-19 vaccine, the individual must also provide negative results from weekly testing.
- Individuals are required to obtain their own appointments and testing. Testing and transportation for testing will not be provided by RMHGHV. RMHGHV can provide a list of local resources for testing.
- Once offered a room, the continuation of your stay at RMHGHV will be contingent on showing proof of vaccination at check-in or a negative test result once every 7 days.
In addition, for the safety of everyone, we have had to implement some requirements for families who will be accepted into the program. Please review these requirements before applying to determine if you and your family will be able to adhere to these new restrictions.
Requirements to stay:
- A maximum of (2) hospital designated caregivers per family of the patient may use the House.
- Families that do not have alternative care for siblings of the patient may request to have the sibling reside with them at the House.
- This request may be granted on a case-by-case basis
- If granted permission, siblings must remain at the House and not have obligations that will require them to be outside of the House (i.e. school)
- Caregivers are encouraged to limit travel outside of the House as much as possible. At least one caregiver must be residing at the House every day.
- No visitors are allowed in the House at any time.
- Social distancing and use of masks are required
Our House generally has a waiting list. Please understand it may take time before a room becomes available and rooms cannot be reserved ahead of time. Accommodations are offered based on the critical nature of the patient and the distance of the family’s home from the hospital.
When a room is available for your family a staff member will contact you regarding your eligibility and to discuss next steps.
Please speak to your social worker in the hospital to request information about the House and additional resources that can help you.
You may call the House at 914-493-6455 to inquire about your request and current policies.