Come join a team of dedicated professionals as we push to make the lives of children and their families better and easier during their time of crisis.
We are looking for a competent Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties. To be an excellent program coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams. This position will act as the project manager for all fundraising events and volunteer programs and projects. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the House Manager and Guest Relations Team to ensure adequate coverage of the House and maintain positive, supportive relationships with guests and volunteers. Must be available to work some evening shifts and weekends. Flexible schedule, medical, dental & vision insurance, IRA match, life insurance, paid time off.
- Volunteer Coordination: Identify task-specific volunteer needs. Interview and hire volunteers. Manage orientation and training required of volunteers. Review the requests for volunteer needs. Schedule volunteers to ensure adequate coverage for special events and guest relations, and ensure program needs are met. Manage & supervise volunteer projects. Respond to and address volunteer relations issues. Plan Volunteer appreciation and coordinate Volunteers for events.
- House Program Operations: Support the House Manager and Guest Relations Staff by ensuring proper training and scheduling of House Volunteers. Act as back-up to House Manager in their absence. Work with community groups and Senior Leadership Team to acquire needs and provide appropriate programs for guests. Shop for items, clean and organize, as necessary. Prepare and distribute resident communications as needed. Maintain safety and security of the facility. Handle guest grievances and issues.
- Fundraising Events: Maintain current relationships with donors, sponsors and vendors. Plan, implement & manage the details of the events. Work closely with lead on all third party events. Manage volunteers involved with fundraising efforts. Develop timelines and deadlines to ensure events stay on track. Manage database and online platforms for events, including guest lists and registration. Represent the House to various audiences in a professional manner. Maintain vendor lists, coordinate and confirm items needed for each event. Track and organize all income & expenses, including in kind donations for each event. Ensure participants receive necessary event information.
Guest Relations Associate
- Assist families as needed with meals, program activities and any troubleshooting.
- Check families in and out of the rooms, if needed.
- Monitor the flow of traffic in the house, ensuring the safety of the families.
- Ensures all families and guests are following House policies.
- Light housekeeping of common areas such as kitchen, living room, playroom. Laundry, organization, stocking, etc.
- Keep House organized, respect the House, staff and guest families.
- Other duties, as needed.
Must be friendly, courteous, comfortable dealing with families going through difficult situations, reliable, able to work independently, a self starter and take initiative. Comfortable working with a computer and various programs. Physical requirements include the ability to lift a minimum of 20lbs and the ability to walk or stand for long periods as well as use stairs. The right person for this position is able to be on-call at times, work a rotating shift, work holidays, weekends and inclement weather.