Meal Preparation Volunteers
Purpose of Position:
Following a menu provided by Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley (RMHGHV), volunteers will work in the kitchen at the House preparing meals that will be individually portioned and distributed to partnering hospitals to serve families of hospitalized children
● Work in a small group to prepare and package anywhere from 30-50 individual meals.
● All ingredients, supplies and instructions will be provided by RMHGHV upon the start of each shift.
● Package meals in a clean and safe manner.
● Volunteers will be responsible for cleaning the kitchen at the end of each shift. Any materials used to prepare meals should be cleaned and kept organized for use by the next meal group.
● Follow food safety guidelines. (i.e., wear gloves, wash hands, eliminate cross contamination, etc.).
● Safely store leftover ingredients.
● Act as a representative of RMHGHV, adhering to all policies and procedures including confidentiality of guest families.
● Volunteer a minimum of two 3-hour scheduled shifts per month.
● Shifts are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
● Volunteers are asked to consider shifts as a serious commitment, for a minimum of six months, with minimal absences.
● Be 18 years old or older.
● Resourceful and able to work independently and in a team.
● Able to represent the House in a professional manner.
● Complete and pass a criminal background check.
● Provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
● Attend new volunteer orientation.
● Training on food safety.
● Volunteers will be provided with a volunteer handbook.
Please direct any questions to Ashlyn Hay, Events & Volunteer Coordinator at
email@example.com or 914-493-6455