Overnight Accommodations

To qualify for a room, the family must have a child who is 21 years or younger and receiving care at a local medical care facility. There is often a waitlist for a room. Rooms are given based on the critical nature of the patient and distance from the family’s home to the hospital.

In order to be considered for acceptance to any RMHGHV program, individuals must:

Agree to complete background checks for any applicant over the age of 18. RMHGHV reserves the right to refuse admittance to any potential guest applicant with a criminal conviction. Acceptance or continuation of RMHGHV services are contingent upon an acceptable background check. Individuals that refuse to complete a background check are not eligible to receive services.

Families with symptoms or recent diagnosis of coronavirus or another contagious illness are not eligible until medically cleared

The legal parent or guardian of the patient must agree to allow the treating hospital to release to RMHGHV, information pertaining to the patient, including but not limited to: diagnosis, length of treatment, condition, etc.

Families with an open child protective services case may not be eligible for services. Please speak to your hospital social worker before submitting a request.

Requirements for use of RMHGHV overnight accommodations:

  • Only individuals who can actively visit with the patient as approved by the hospital and related children may enter the House.
  • At least one caregiver must be residing at the House every day.
  • No visitors are allowed in the House at any time.
  • Social distancing and use of masks are required

Next Steps:

Please use the buttons to request a room.

Our House generally has a waiting list. Please understand it may take time before a room becomes available and rooms cannot be reserved ahead of time.

When a room is available for your family a staff member will contact you regarding your eligibility and to discuss next steps.

Please speak to your social worker in the hospital to request information about the House and additional resources that can help you.

You may call the House at 914-493-6455 to inquire about your request and current policies.