The Heart of our House
RMHGHV IS ALLOWING TRAINED HOUsE VOLUNTEERS ON A LIMITED BASIS.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS WILL RESUME IN THE NEW YEAR.
The role of our volunteers is not to be underestimated. The time they devote to making our House a home gives our families a sense of comfort when they need it the most. Our volunteers set the atmosphere of the House in many ways. All candidates who wish to volunteer should:
- Be personable, patient, and a good communicator.
- Be able to deal with the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Be resourceful and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Represent the house in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate respect for confidentiality.
- Attend new volunteer orientation and other training, when available.
- Be prepared to make a long-term commitment to the House.
Volunteer opportunities vary depending on skills and interests.
House Volunteers assist staff with providing a pleasant and comfortable stay for our house guests. Activities include housekeeping, organizing and stocking, working with meal program groups, and other tasks as needed.
We ask for a minimum of two 3-hour scheduled shifts a month. There are shifts every day of the week from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. / 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Reception Volunteers greet guests and visitors of the House and provide a warm and inviting atmosphere to our community. Activities include front desk coverage (check-in/check-out), answering phone calls, greeting families and taking room requests, clerical assistance and other tasks as needed.
We ask for a minimum of one 4-hour scheduled shift a week. There are shifts every day of the week from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. / 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Special Events Volunteer
Special Events Volunteers assist with community outreach and fundraising events. Candidates for this position must have a flexible schedule. Shifts depend upon the event.
For questions, please contact:
Brittany Moretti, Program Operations Manager