The Heart of our House
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, ALL VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED.
The role of our volunteers is not to be underestimated. The time they devote to making our House a home gives our families a sense of comfort when they need it the most. Our volunteers set the atmosphere of the House in many ways. All candidates who wish to volunteer should:
- Be personable, patient, and a good communicator.
- Be able to deal with the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Be resourceful and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Represent the house in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate respect for confidentiality.
- Attend new volunteer orientation and other training, when available.
- Be prepared to make a long-term commitment to the House.
Volunteer opportunities vary depending on skills and interests.
House Volunteers assist staff with providing a pleasant and comfortable stay for our house guests. Activities include housekeeping, organizing and stocking, working with meal program groups, and other tasks as needed.
We ask for a minimum of two 3-hour scheduled shifts a month. There are shifts every day of the week from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. / 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Reception Volunteers greet guests and visitors of the House and provide a warm and inviting atmosphere to our community. Activities include front desk coverage (check-in/check-out), answering phone calls, greeting families and taking room requests, clerical assistance and other tasks as needed.
We ask for a minimum of one 4-hour scheduled shift a week. There are shifts every day of the week from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. / 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Special Events Volunteer
Special Events Volunteers assist with community outreach and fundraising events. Candidates for this position must have a flexible schedule. Shifts depend upon the event.
Submit an application here if you feel any of these opportunities are right for you.
Brittany Moretti, Program Operations Manager