The Heart of our House
The role of our volunteers is not to be underestimated. The time they devote to making our House a home gives our families a sense of comfort when they need it the most. Our volunteers set the atmosphere of the House in many ways. All candidates who wish to volunteer should:
- Be personable, patient, and a good communicator.
- Be able to deal with the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Be resourceful and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Represent the house in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate respect for confidentiality.
- Attend new volunteer orientation and other training, when available.
All candidates will be provided with a volunteer handbook and will receive the volunteer newsletter containing updates.
Volunteer opportunities vary depending on skills and interests.
Guest Services Volunteer
Guest Services Volunteers assist staff with providing a pleasant and comfortable stay for our house guests. Activities include housekeeping, front desk coverage (check-in/check-out), working with meal program groups, clerical assistance and other tasks as needed.
We ask for a minimum of two 4-hour scheduled shifts a month. There are shifts every day of the week from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. / 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Special Events Volunteer
Special Events Volunteers assist with community outreach and fundraising events. Candidates for this position must have a flexible schedule. Shifts depend upon the event.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Brittany.
Brittany Moretti, Program Operations Manager